Today, we remember in our prayers and sacrifices the Filipino Diocesan Priest-Missionaries of the Mission Society of the Philippines. Collections are to be made in all Sunday Masses-including the Saturday evening Masses.
The Mission Society of the Philippines is a Society of Filipino Catholic missionary priests which is committed to share the gift of faith to Asia and to the rest of the world. Having been established by the Catholic Bishop’s Conference of the Philippines (CBCP), the MSP serves as the chief, missionary arm of the Catholic Church of the Philippines.
The MSP is now 43 years old and at present, she works in the following countries: Thailand, Taiwan, South Korea, Japan, Papua New Guinea, New Zealand, the Cook Islands, Australia, the Netherlands, England, Guyana and the United States of America.
The last Sunday of July has been celebrated by the Catholic Church of the Philippines as the Fil-Mission Sunday. In remembering the MSP missionaries, we offer prayers as well as material offerings for them. If you are a young man aged 18-26 years, college student or young professional, open to new ideas, culture and other religious beliefs and having a deep sense of mission, an ability to live in community and most of all...a deep longing to follow Christ, the greatest missionary.
We are happy to have received the Catholic faith. We are thankful to God for this received gift of faith. We will share this gift of faith to our Asian neighbors and to the rest of the world.
Your donations will help us continue doing the Mission of Christ!
· Fr. Glenn Flies to the U.S.A. The second MSP missionary to the North America has left last July 7, 2008. Fr. Glenn Giovanni Jaron, MSP will join Fr. Alfie Africa in the new US mission in Sacramento, California. Fr. Glenn spends a few days in South Korea, his former mission assignment for a medical check up. He departed Korea to the US last July 11, 2008.
· Fr. Go Llubit, MSP leaves for Cook Islands. The MISSION SEND-OFF rites for Fr. Gorgonio “Go” Llubit, Jr., MSP took place last June 10, 2008 at the MSP Central House Chapel. The ceremonies were witnessed by the Central House residents, some seminarians and lay friends. Fr. Go expressed his excitement to be sent to the Cook Islands, although he was also aware the challenges and difficulties he may encounter there.
------------------------------------------------------ To :All MSP Members From: Rev. Fr. Socrates Mesiona MSP Father Moderator
This coming July 27, 2008 we will celebrate Fil_Mission Sunday. As you all know this day is allotted for us in the Mission Society of the Philippines. Hence, it is our day!
In this regard, may I ask you to support the activities and programs organized by the National Promotion Office. Please do not hesitate to lend a helping hand to make the celebration a success.
Likewise, I also encourage those working overseas to make activities and programs in your respective areas to celebrate Fil-Mission Sunday.
The theme for this year’s celebration is ”Celebrating and Appropriating Paul’s Passion for Mission in Asia and Beyond.
Habang tumataas ang temperature sa buwan ng Hulyo, dumadami rin ang peligro sa pagkakaroon ng food poisoning. Ayon sa pananaliksik na isinagawa ng Korea Food and Drug Administration, ang food poisoning na naranasan sa buwan ng Mayo at Hunyo ay pareho sa Hulyo at Agosto. Subalit dahil sa kawalan ng ingat, hinde nilalagay ng mga tao ang kanilang mga pagkain sa refrigerator tuwing tag-init na nagiging dahilan ng pagiging malapit nila sa pagkakaroon ng food poisoning.
Ang food poisoning ay karaniwang makikita sa pamamagitan ng pagsuka, sakit sa ulo at pagkahilo, Madaling gamutin kung agad malalapatan ng lunas. Mayroong mga kaso kung saan ang enteritis o diarrhea at sakit sa tiyan ay nagiging malubha. Huwag magugulat kung makakaranas ng diarrhea at pagsusuka dahil nilalabas nito ang mga toxins, na natural na reaksyon ng katawan, subalit kung ang dehydration o ang mataas na lagnat ay magpatuloy, mas makabubuting magtungo agad sa doctor.
Upang maiwasan ang food poisoning, napakahalagang hugasan ang mga kamay ng mabuti. Siguraduhing malinis ang mga kamay bago magluto at kumain. Una, hugasan ang mga gamit sa pagluluto at i-sterilize ang mga kutsilyo, sangkalan at dish towel, ang paggamit din ng chlorine bilang disinfectant ay possible.
Iwasan ang pagkain ng hilaw na isda at tinadtad na hilaw na karne ng baboy. Palagiang ilagay ang pagkain sa refrigerator at kapag nadefrost ito, kainin ito agad at huwag muling ibalik sa freezer. Kumpirmahin lagi ang expiration date ng mga pagkain at huwag kainin ito kung expired na.
It was raining when 129 participants of the Changhyun Filipino CatholicCommunity (CFCC) departed Songsaeng, Kongdan in the afternoon of July 12, 2008 bound for Jumunjin, Kangwondu province. The three bus load of commuters fixed their navigational map on the way to the beach.. Everybody was overjoyed and excited to wash their tired bodies offshore. Travelling with high spirits divided into three teams (Blue, White and Red), the group was full of excitements with matching vedeoke singing renditions along the way. Merienda was serve “panawid gutom” while travelling. Travel time was estimated to last four hours. We had two stop over to relieve our tired bodies and do some adjustments inside a modern comfort rooms.
The first trial came into the heels when we failed to locate the camping site. We pass by Jumunjin church but the door locked and it was already midnight. Fr. John of the Guri Migrants center was our savior when he called up and instructed the drivers where to go. Upon arrival, the murmurs and complaints was overheard because what we expect was far beyond. The place was on top of the mountain, a camping site for parishioners. Hungry and angry of what had happened, we took our late dinner and celebrate the Holy Eucharist at 2:00am. Some where shouting “napeke tayo, ang sarap matulog sa bahay bakit ditto tayo ang daming lamok? It was already July 13, the second day of community outing.
After breakfast, everybody went to the beach and we enjoy the clear and beautiful Jumunjin beach. The frustrations and complains was changed into admiration-thanking God for a wonderful day. The one shouting “napeke tayo” changed his slogan into “wow ang ganda pala” It was an experience worth remembering.
. News - CBCP urges gov’t to teach natural family planning. - Bulacan cries foul on water misdeal. · Sulu oil exploration only after “super profits. · Rights group slams Saudi “slave” treatment of migrant women. · Metro - First cybercrime case for 2008 filed at DOJ. - Smart tests RP waters for all-in-one messaging - Filipino team winsJava award for medical solution - 22 other sea vessels sunk by Typhoon “Frank”. - Bajas got P250.00 in exchange for work in US- accuser.
· Regions - Full ratification of ASEAN charter expected. - Thailand spearheads Asian hopes in the Olympic ring - Gov’t expects budget deficit of 0.5% of GDP in 2009 - Gov’t lowers growth forecasts for next 2 years. - Willie told: Be fair in Wowowee.
· World - Romanian doctor fined for cutting off man’s penis. - Rights group slams Saudi “slave” treatment of migrant women. - Bangko Sentral says policy bias will lean towards tighten ing. - UN, EU experts to asses toxic cargo of sunken ship. · Sports - Pacquiao as RP’s Olympic flagbearer. - USA set to defend Olympic medal supremacy in Beijing. - Filipino, 5 other torchbearers bring love to China kids. - China emerging power in tennis. - Arroyo names Pacquiao envoy to Beijing Olympics. ...... · Editors’ Note: articles published in this page are uploaded from inq7.net and abscbn.com.
S—Staring at you everytime I see you, H—Half in shadow, half in light. I—I’ve been trying to hide all my love for you. O—oh well, I can’t...I can’t live without you G—Giving my life to the only person my heart’s knew I—Is the only thing I want to do… L—Loving you for the rest of my life is my fate.
I know deep down in my heart We’re destined to have each other Having you by my side I’ll forget everything in a single stride No matter what it takes Wether everything around us fades.
Flashing lights along the railway the silence of the night seems so scary nobody wants to stand for all the calm like running water all has the way Scream. everyone wants to be free the night is over and nobody got his share.
Innocent as nobody shows care fair must be to make you happy smile, for there’s always a sunny day the door is ajar and you have your way erase those tears and have that love for only love...can drive you away.
Seems everyone is hanging and floating to be there I sjust reach out and be true unsure about tomorrow is what you feel the crazy world is now fading And lightning over joys one’s emptiness But, why I’m still alone after all these years? For the reason of my existence still hold bars.
Now I realized that one must move on Life is full of enchantments as long as I’m here And that stormy clouds have their smiles And together hand in hand we’ll cross it over For far across there is an eternal flame And that dark shadows find its way no more.
Breaking that rule is sometimes worth for And knowing there must be always so dear The way is endless and full of sentiments Break not your heart till the end For flowers blooms in every second But being young and smooth means all around.
How I wish I could told stories where I begin For scattered leaves fills me even I’m done Next in line I’ll be on my way And hopeless moments become so shy Lifeless… and you’re just goodbye And that mob becomes a bum gradually Until I realized that I’m just dreaming...
July 17, 2008 Thursday Diaconal Anniversary Fr. Cedric & Jun Is. 26:7-9; 12:16-19 ; Ps 102; Mt.11:28-30
July 18, 2008—Friday Is. 38:1-6; 21:22:7-8; Ps. 10; Mt. 12:1-8
July 19, 2008—Saturday Micah 2:1-5; Ps. 10; Mt. 12:14-27
BON VOYAGE MELY!
Emelia “Mely” Estares one of our faithful member of the Council departed for Canada last July 24. She arrives safely
Reported by Monette Dilag, CCFC Secretary
July 5, 2008—Guri Community 2nd Anniversary. Mass and Feloowship at Guri Church @7:30pm July 6, 2008—International Festival of Migrant Workers in Namyangju City,South Korea @2:00PM
INCOMING ACTIVITIES July 12-13, 2008—Community Outing Departure Time:7:00PM of July 12, 2008
Search for Ginoo & Binibining Korea 2008 Criteria for Judging (Katuwaan lang po) 1. Malakas at handang makipag bunong braso. 2. Maginoo ngunit medyo Bastos. 3.Handang makipag Patintero sa mga “Pusa” 4.May kakaibang Asim na Pinoy/Pinay ang dating 5. May taglay na talino at kakayahan na pwedeng mag perform to the highest level
Kapatid kung meron ka sa isa nito...ikaw na nga ang hinahanap nang ating mga organizers.
Last Day of Submission of Entries July 12,2008 @10:00pm upon arrival at Kangwondu Beach Coronation Morning July 13, 2008 @3:00AM
July 20, 2008 Renewal of Commitment for all Liturgical Servers & Installation of New Liturgical Members at Changhyun Catholic Church Bowling Tournament Resume after the Holy Mass First Game start 4:00Pm. First come first serve basis
July 27, 2008—Fil-MISSION SUNDAY MSP MISSION PROMOTION (please prepare your donations for the Mission)
May 27—Arrival of Fr. Cedric in the Songsaeng Catholic Center, South Korea.
May 28– Council Meeting and turn over of Office by Fr. Dong to the new Chaplain Fr. Cedric,
May 29—Courtesy Visit of Fr Dong and Fr. Cedric to the Bishop of Uijeongbu Diocese.
JUNE 2008 June 2—Despideda & Beinvenida Party for Fr. Dong and Fr. Cedric at the Songsaeng Center. Fathers Alvin, Jun and Sebastiano grace the affair with the MSP seminarians Eiderf and Moses. Representatives from Hyewadong and Guri Filipino communities were also present.
June 3—Departure of Fr. Dong back to the Philippines
June 8—Philippine Independence Day celebration in Hang gang Park, Seoul. Concelebrated Mass attended by Frs. Alvin Parantar, MSP; Cedric Alimbuyong, MSP, Froilan Cruz, OFM; Sebastian Gabuya, OFM and Jerry Malatamban, CFIC. Fr. Sebastian was the celebrant while Fr. Alvin gave the wonderful homily. Cultural presentations from 37 participating Filipino communites in South Korea took turns in showing their singing and dancing prowess. Changhyun Catholic Filipino community presented a live band with the Diwata sa kabundukan dancer Shiela to the tune of Manila Girl. El Shaddai,and Ansan Filipino communities won the special awards.
June 22—Council Meeting with Fr. Cedric, MSP after the Holy Eucharist @ Changhyun Catholic Church
Lectors and Commentators Sched
July 27 , 2008
Commentator................... Dolor First Reading.................... Cid Responsorial Psalm......... Helen Second Reading................ Jaime Prayers of the Faithful.... Cindy
Prayer of the Holy Rosary..... Mon-Sat.......9:30 pm Evening Mass ........................ Mon-Fri ......10:00 pm Counseling.............................. Wed.....7:00-9:00 pm Novena to the Mother of Perpetual Help ....................... Wed............ 10:00 pm Holy Hour and English Mass.... Fri.............. 9:00 pm Korean Language Class ...... Sun... 10:00-12:00pm
July 8—Rochele Librorania July 10—Fr. Carmelo Horlador, MSP July 20 –Ronald Mesina July 31—Helen Manuel
1. Ang Sambayanihan po ay bukas para sa lahat ng gustong magpalathala. Makipag-ugnayan lang po sa mga staff. 2. Free Medical and Dental Check-up– every Sunday except 5th Sunday. St. Luke’s Clinic. 3. Sa lahat po ng gustong magpa-renew ng passport and travel documents, makipag-ugnayan lang po sa ating chaplain na si Fr. Dong Marcaida. 4. Ang 3rd Saturday Mass sa Pyongnae ay pansamantala munang kanselado.
MGA PAALAALA!!! Para sa mga wala na ng visa (undocumented migrant workers) Sa patuloy na massive crackdown
1. Lagi po ninyong dalahin ang inyong valid passport kahit nasa trabaho at mag-iwan lagi ng Xerox copy sa inyong tinitirahan.
2. Mas maigi na lagi kayong maydalang pera na pambili ng airfare pauwi. May kamahalan nga lang magpa-book ng tiket sa loob ng immigration.
3. Lagi rin may nakalakip sa inyong passport ng mga telepono ng inyong amo, katrabaho, kaibigan, kamag-anak at isang phonecard para makatawag kaagad upang agarang mai-book (reserve) sa travel Agency gaya ng PHILTRUST TRAVEL upang mai-fax nila ang tiket ninyo sa immigration.
4. Kapag tinanong kayo ng immigration magdesisyon kaagad kayo na uuwi kung hindi pa, sabihin ninyong may kukunin pa kayong sahod.
For Counselling and Spiritual Nourishment
Please call or text
Rev. Fr. Cedric C. Alimbuyong, MSP Chaplain Filipino Communities in the Diocese of Uijeongbu tel. no. 010-2660-7530 E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or visit us at Changhyun Filipino Catholic Center Kyongjin Chongmil, Songsaeng Kongdan Whado-Eup 269-10 Namyang-ju, Kyonggi-do, South Korea
Guri Migrant Center (Tuesdays) Gyomoon-Dong, Guri-Si Kyongg-Du, South Korea
* Those who would like to become members of Choir, Altar Servers, Lectors and Commentators, Lay Ministers, please call Fr. Cedric ........................................... 1. Outing - Today is the last dayof Registration for July 12-13 2. Bowling Tournament resumes July 20, after Mass 3. Summer Festival—Guri July 6,2008 @2PM—6pm.
Pagpapakasal: 1) Birth Certificate 2) Status of singleness from Census (notarized) 3) Parents consent as proof of singleness (notarized) 4) Baptisimal Certificate for marriage purposes 5) Passport (xerox copy) 6) Pre-Cana Seminar
BASIC LABOR NEWS For workers under the Employment Permit system
If possible, workers should not go away from the company without asking permission or without informing their employer preferably one (1) month before they will leave the factory.
* Running from the company without permission can cause trouble and can cause negative impact on your fellow workers. * It is important to terminate relationship in a good manner, and it could be have a good impact on other Filipino workers by doing such manner. * Kung aalis po kayo sa kumpanya, pumayag man ang amo o hindi, kinakailangan po ninyong magsabi o magpaalam. Magreport kaagad sa Ministry of Labor, sa Employment Security Center. * Ang mga tumakas po na hindi nagpaalam ay kinakailangan pong mag-report sa Labor Office sa loob ng APAT (4) NA ARAW. Para po sa assistance, tumawag lang po sa ating Philippine Embassy o sa Catholic Center.
1. Iwasan po ninyo ang tumakas. Kung may contrac violations at pang-aabuso, makipag-ayos po at piliting humanap ng solusyon. 2. Huag po kayong matakot na maghain ng reklamo. Ang mga ito po ay inyong karapatan. Hindi po nila kayo maaaring ipadeport ng dahil sa paghahain ng reklamo. 3. Hindi na po kayo pahihintulutang bumalik sa Human Resource .
MGA IMPORTANTENG PAALA-ALA Mga kailangang dokumento sa pag-aasikaso ng mga rklamo tungkol sa sahod: 1. Pay Slip or any other proof of payment of salary. 2. Daily Time Record (DTR) if available, or self-made record or daily work attendance specifying Regular Working hours, Overtime, and Night Differential. 3. Labor Contract. 4. Bank Book/Passbook. 5. Alien Card and Passport.
Para sa lahat ng mga bagong dating na mga manggagawa, along-lao na sa mga kabilang sa Employment Permit System (EPS): 1. Tungkol sa Alien Card Registration - nasa dayuhan o sa manggagawa ang responsibilidad ng pagkuha o pagpaparehistro ng Alien Card, at hindi sa employer. 2. Kailangan na magparehistro kayo sa loob ng tatlong buwan (3 months) mula sa inyong pagdating sa Korea.
Para sa lahat ng manggagawa na kabilang sa Employment Permit System (EPS): 1. Kayo ay legal na makapagtrabaho sa loob ng tatlong taon. 2. Sa lahat ng mga bagong lipat o nagpa-transfer: kung ang visa ng isang manggagawa ay na-expire na dahil hindi siya nakahanap ng trabaho o employer na magrerehistro sa kanya, kailangang pumunta o mag-report sa Immigration Office para kayo ay ma-rehistro.
SA LAHAT NG MAY E-9 VISA Para po sa lahat ng may E-9 visa, may tatlong tanging dahilan upang payagan kayong makalipat ng kumpanya. Ito ay ang mga sumusunod: 1. Kayo ay dalawang buwang hindi pinapasahod. 2. Kayo ay pisikal at verbal na sinasaktan, o di kaya'y 3. Bankrupt o lugi ang kumpanya.
PAANO MAG-CLAIM NG SEVERANCE PAY? Para sa mga EPS na nakatapos ng isang taong kontrata, Pumunta lamang sa Center at mag-file ng applicatio. Ito po ay para sa mga umalis na sa kanilang mga pagawaan.
Dalhin ang mga sumusunod: Passport, Alien Registration Card, at Libreta/Bank Book.
Ipadala sa Center ang inyong application sa Insurance Company.
Maghintay ng tatlong linggo hanggang isang buwan para sa resulta.
Ang pera ay ipapadala sa inyong Libreta/Bank Book. Paki-check lamang ito pagkatapos ng naturang panahon sa mismong opisina.
Kailangang alam ninyo ang Company Identification Number. Kung wala ito hindi ninyo makukuha nag inyong severance pay.
source: Sambayanan Newsletter
Fr. Dong and Family
Chonmasan Catholic Migrants Center Kyongjin Chongmil, Songsaeng Kongdan Whado-Eup 269-10, Namyangju City Kyonggi-do, South Korea