Welcome to the Changhyun Filipino Catholic Community blogsite !!!

Welcome to Korea Fr. Cedric Alimbuyong

Welcome to Korea Fr. Cedric Alimbuyong
Fr. Cedric replaces Fr. Dong Marcaida. Have a happy, fruitful and blessed days with us all!

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Return From the Gates of Hell (7th of a Series)

Colombia, South America Interview of Dr. Gloria Polo by Radio Maria

I even felt ashamed of my mom, because of her simplicity, humility, and poverty. And they showed me as wife. Who was I? I would complain day in and day out, from the break of day. My husband would say? Good morning? And I would respond? What do you mean? Good?? Look, it’s raining outside!? I would complain about my children too. They showed me that I never had love or compassion for my fellowmen, for my brothers and sisters out there. And the Lord told me? You never had any consideration for the sick, never kept them company in their loneliness. Never once compassionate for children without a mother, for all those suffering children? I had a heart of stone. In a nutshell, I didn’t get half an answer right on my Ten Commandments test. It was terrible, devastating. I was in total chaos. Surely they couldn’t blame me for having killed anyone? For example, I bought groceries for many people in need, but I didn’t do it out of love but rather to look good, because it was cool for everyone to see how good I was and it was great to manipulate people in need. I would tell them? Take these groceries, but please take my place at the parent-teacher conference because I don’t have time to attend. And that’s how I would give people things but I would manipulate them. Besides, I liked being followed by a lot of people singing my praises. I made an image for myself. I was told? You had a god, and that god was money! You have been condemned because of money! Because of it you have sunk into the abyss and you distanced yourself from your Lord. We had been wealthy, but we were broke at that point, full of debt, having run out of money. Therefore, when they told me money was my god I cried out: What money? Back on earth I left many debts!? And that’s all I said? When they talked to me about the second commandment, I saw full of sadness that, as a little girl, I learned that lies were excellent ways of avoiding my mom’s severe punishments. I started walking with the father of lies (Satan) and I became a liar. As my sins grew, my lies also grew I noticed my mom’s respect for the Lord and how his name was Holy to her, so I took that as a weapon and I started swearing in vain. I would say? Mom, I swear to God? And that’s how I would avoid punishments. Imagine my lies, placing the Most Holy name of the Lord in my rottenness, because at that point I was full of dirt and sin. And look, brothers and sisters, I learned that words do not go away empty. When my mom was giving me a hard time, I would say… ...to be continued

No comments:

Onfino Open Event Promo Winners

Onfino Open Event Promo Winners
Nobody's a Loser Only at Onfino! So keep visiting www.onfino.com (pls. click image)

Happy 2nd Anniversary Guri Filipino Catholic Community

Dongduchon Filipino Catholic Community

Chonmasan Community 6th Anniversary

Guri Filipino Catholic Community

First Year Anniversary, July 7, 2007