Welcome to the Changhyun Filipino Catholic Community blogsite !!!

Welcome to Korea Fr. Cedric Alimbuyong

Welcome to Korea Fr. Cedric Alimbuyong
Fr. Cedric replaces Fr. Dong Marcaida. Have a happy, fruitful and blessed days with us all!

Saturday, May 24, 2008

My Priest Confidante- a Friend Indeed (A Tribute)


"I was down and out and feeling so low", it may be just a tiny part of a song but it summarized the enormous problems I had when I first came back to Korea last August. And who was there to extend a helping hand? It's Fr. Dong Marcaida whom I consider a friend, so outspoken and outright in his most sincere way. Thank you Padre! -- this post is from cordilove blogspot.

(Pic was taken at Lotte World one Saturday afternoon.)
---------------------------------
I remember a poem I made a few years ago about POS, Pain Of Separation, which was dedicated to Fr. Dong. And now again reliving the message is not that too painful anymore because I came to accept that nothing is really permament in this world except change. A change that must transpire for a better life ahead. Everything happens with a purpose as God has planned for each and everyone.
You had your share of the Korean Dream
and surely have left marks in the hearts of fellow migrants
as well as Koreans through your unselfish love and offerings.
Carry with you our deepest appreciation
and gratitude for a job well done
in the Land of the Morning Calm.
So Padre Dong, with all my heart, my mind and my soul, goodluck and take care always as you traverse a new destination across the globe!
Thanks God for the power of the internet, we can still communicate easily...

No comments:

Onfino Open Event Promo Winners

Onfino Open Event Promo Winners
Nobody's a Loser Only at Onfino! So keep visiting www.onfino.com (pls. click image)

Happy 2nd Anniversary Guri Filipino Catholic Community

Dongduchon Filipino Catholic Community

Chonmasan Community 6th Anniversary

Guri Filipino Catholic Community

First Year Anniversary, July 7, 2007