Fr. Cedric replaces Fr. Dong Marcaida. Have a happy, fruitful and blessed days with us all!
Sunday, January 6, 2008
Dr. Gloria Polo’s Return From The Gates of Hell
(First of a series) Colombia, South America Interview of Dr. Gloria Polo by Radio Maria
Brothers and sisters! It’s beautiful for me to be with you.
Sharing this precious gift my Lord gave me more than ten years ago. (This was at the National University of Colombia in Bogotá). I was attending graduate school, along with my nephew, who was also a dentist. My husband was with us that day. We had to pick up some books at the School of Dentistry on a Friday afternoon. It was raining very hard and my nephew and I were sharing a small umbrella. My husband was wearing his raincoat and he approached the outside wall of the General Library. Meanwhile, my nephew and I approached the trees without noticing, while skipping puddles. As we were about to skip to avoid a huge puddle, we were struck by lightning. We were charred. My nephew died there. He was a young man who, despite his young age, had given himself over to the Lord and was very devout to the Infant Jesus. He always carried the Infant Jesus Image inside a quartz crystal next to his chest. According to the coroner, lightning entered him through the image, ran through his heart, burned him on the inside and exited through his foot. But on the outside, he was not charred or burnt. In my case, instead, lightning came in this way and burned my body in a horrifying way, on the inside and outside. This body you see here, this reconstructed body, is through the mercy of our Lord. Lightning charred me, left me without breasts, practically made my whole flesh and ribs vanish. My stomach, my legs; lightning went out my right foot, my liver was charred, my kidneys were burned, just like my lungs. Therefore copper, an excellent electrical conductor, charred me, it pulverized my ovaries. I was left in cardiac arrest, lifeless, my body jumping from the electricity that remained in it. But look: that’s the physical part. The most beautiful part is that while my flesh was there charred, at that instant I found myself inside a beautiful white tunnel full of joy and peace, a happiness for which there are no human words ... to be continued
July 17, 2008 Thursday Diaconal Anniversary Fr. Cedric & Jun Is. 26:7-9; 12:16-19 ; Ps 102; Mt.11:28-30
July 18, 2008—Friday Is. 38:1-6; 21:22:7-8; Ps. 10; Mt. 12:1-8
July 19, 2008—Saturday Micah 2:1-5; Ps. 10; Mt. 12:14-27
BON VOYAGE MELY!
Emelia “Mely” Estares one of our faithful member of the Council departed for Canada last July 24. She arrives safely
Reported by Monette Dilag, CCFC Secretary
July 5, 2008—Guri Community 2nd Anniversary. Mass and Feloowship at Guri Church @7:30pm July 6, 2008—International Festival of Migrant Workers in Namyangju City,South Korea @2:00PM
INCOMING ACTIVITIES July 12-13, 2008—Community Outing Departure Time:7:00PM of July 12, 2008
Search for Ginoo & Binibining Korea 2008 Criteria for Judging (Katuwaan lang po) 1. Malakas at handang makipag bunong braso. 2. Maginoo ngunit medyo Bastos. 3.Handang makipag Patintero sa mga “Pusa” 4.May kakaibang Asim na Pinoy/Pinay ang dating 5. May taglay na talino at kakayahan na pwedeng mag perform to the highest level
Kapatid kung meron ka sa isa nito...ikaw na nga ang hinahanap nang ating mga organizers.
Last Day of Submission of Entries July 12,2008 @10:00pm upon arrival at Kangwondu Beach Coronation Morning July 13, 2008 @3:00AM
July 20, 2008 Renewal of Commitment for all Liturgical Servers & Installation of New Liturgical Members at Changhyun Catholic Church Bowling Tournament Resume after the Holy Mass First Game start 4:00Pm. First come first serve basis
July 27, 2008—Fil-MISSION SUNDAY MSP MISSION PROMOTION (please prepare your donations for the Mission)
May 27—Arrival of Fr. Cedric in the Songsaeng Catholic Center, South Korea.
May 28– Council Meeting and turn over of Office by Fr. Dong to the new Chaplain Fr. Cedric,
May 29—Courtesy Visit of Fr Dong and Fr. Cedric to the Bishop of Uijeongbu Diocese.
JUNE 2008 June 2—Despideda & Beinvenida Party for Fr. Dong and Fr. Cedric at the Songsaeng Center. Fathers Alvin, Jun and Sebastiano grace the affair with the MSP seminarians Eiderf and Moses. Representatives from Hyewadong and Guri Filipino communities were also present.
June 3—Departure of Fr. Dong back to the Philippines
June 8—Philippine Independence Day celebration in Hang gang Park, Seoul. Concelebrated Mass attended by Frs. Alvin Parantar, MSP; Cedric Alimbuyong, MSP, Froilan Cruz, OFM; Sebastian Gabuya, OFM and Jerry Malatamban, CFIC. Fr. Sebastian was the celebrant while Fr. Alvin gave the wonderful homily. Cultural presentations from 37 participating Filipino communites in South Korea took turns in showing their singing and dancing prowess. Changhyun Catholic Filipino community presented a live band with the Diwata sa kabundukan dancer Shiela to the tune of Manila Girl. El Shaddai,and Ansan Filipino communities won the special awards.
June 22—Council Meeting with Fr. Cedric, MSP after the Holy Eucharist @ Changhyun Catholic Church
Lectors and Commentators Sched
July 27 , 2008
Commentator................... Dolor First Reading.................... Cid Responsorial Psalm......... Helen Second Reading................ Jaime Prayers of the Faithful.... Cindy
Prayer of the Holy Rosary..... Mon-Sat.......9:30 pm Evening Mass ........................ Mon-Fri ......10:00 pm Counseling.............................. Wed.....7:00-9:00 pm Novena to the Mother of Perpetual Help ....................... Wed............ 10:00 pm Holy Hour and English Mass.... Fri.............. 9:00 pm Korean Language Class ...... Sun... 10:00-12:00pm
July 8—Rochele Librorania July 10—Fr. Carmelo Horlador, MSP July 20 –Ronald Mesina July 31—Helen Manuel
1. Ang Sambayanihan po ay bukas para sa lahat ng gustong magpalathala. Makipag-ugnayan lang po sa mga staff. 2. Free Medical and Dental Check-up– every Sunday except 5th Sunday. St. Luke’s Clinic. 3. Sa lahat po ng gustong magpa-renew ng passport and travel documents, makipag-ugnayan lang po sa ating chaplain na si Fr. Dong Marcaida. 4. Ang 3rd Saturday Mass sa Pyongnae ay pansamantala munang kanselado.
MGA PAALAALA!!! Para sa mga wala na ng visa (undocumented migrant workers) Sa patuloy na massive crackdown
1. Lagi po ninyong dalahin ang inyong valid passport kahit nasa trabaho at mag-iwan lagi ng Xerox copy sa inyong tinitirahan.
2. Mas maigi na lagi kayong maydalang pera na pambili ng airfare pauwi. May kamahalan nga lang magpa-book ng tiket sa loob ng immigration.
3. Lagi rin may nakalakip sa inyong passport ng mga telepono ng inyong amo, katrabaho, kaibigan, kamag-anak at isang phonecard para makatawag kaagad upang agarang mai-book (reserve) sa travel Agency gaya ng PHILTRUST TRAVEL upang mai-fax nila ang tiket ninyo sa immigration.
4. Kapag tinanong kayo ng immigration magdesisyon kaagad kayo na uuwi kung hindi pa, sabihin ninyong may kukunin pa kayong sahod.
For Counselling and Spiritual Nourishment
Please call or text
Rev. Fr. Cedric C. Alimbuyong, MSP Chaplain Filipino Communities in the Diocese of Uijeongbu tel. no. 010-2660-7530 E-mail Address: email@example.com
Or visit us at Changhyun Filipino Catholic Center Kyongjin Chongmil, Songsaeng Kongdan Whado-Eup 269-10 Namyang-ju, Kyonggi-do, South Korea
Guri Migrant Center (Tuesdays) Gyomoon-Dong, Guri-Si Kyongg-Du, South Korea
* Those who would like to become members of Choir, Altar Servers, Lectors and Commentators, Lay Ministers, please call Fr. Cedric ........................................... 1. Outing - Today is the last dayof Registration for July 12-13 2. Bowling Tournament resumes July 20, after Mass 3. Summer Festival—Guri July 6,2008 @2PM—6pm.
Pagpapakasal: 1) Birth Certificate 2) Status of singleness from Census (notarized) 3) Parents consent as proof of singleness (notarized) 4) Baptisimal Certificate for marriage purposes 5) Passport (xerox copy) 6) Pre-Cana Seminar
BASIC LABOR NEWS For workers under the Employment Permit system
If possible, workers should not go away from the company without asking permission or without informing their employer preferably one (1) month before they will leave the factory.
* Running from the company without permission can cause trouble and can cause negative impact on your fellow workers. * It is important to terminate relationship in a good manner, and it could be have a good impact on other Filipino workers by doing such manner. * Kung aalis po kayo sa kumpanya, pumayag man ang amo o hindi, kinakailangan po ninyong magsabi o magpaalam. Magreport kaagad sa Ministry of Labor, sa Employment Security Center. * Ang mga tumakas po na hindi nagpaalam ay kinakailangan pong mag-report sa Labor Office sa loob ng APAT (4) NA ARAW. Para po sa assistance, tumawag lang po sa ating Philippine Embassy o sa Catholic Center.
1. Iwasan po ninyo ang tumakas. Kung may contrac violations at pang-aabuso, makipag-ayos po at piliting humanap ng solusyon. 2. Huag po kayong matakot na maghain ng reklamo. Ang mga ito po ay inyong karapatan. Hindi po nila kayo maaaring ipadeport ng dahil sa paghahain ng reklamo. 3. Hindi na po kayo pahihintulutang bumalik sa Human Resource .
MGA IMPORTANTENG PAALA-ALA Mga kailangang dokumento sa pag-aasikaso ng mga rklamo tungkol sa sahod: 1. Pay Slip or any other proof of payment of salary. 2. Daily Time Record (DTR) if available, or self-made record or daily work attendance specifying Regular Working hours, Overtime, and Night Differential. 3. Labor Contract. 4. Bank Book/Passbook. 5. Alien Card and Passport.
Para sa lahat ng mga bagong dating na mga manggagawa, along-lao na sa mga kabilang sa Employment Permit System (EPS): 1. Tungkol sa Alien Card Registration - nasa dayuhan o sa manggagawa ang responsibilidad ng pagkuha o pagpaparehistro ng Alien Card, at hindi sa employer. 2. Kailangan na magparehistro kayo sa loob ng tatlong buwan (3 months) mula sa inyong pagdating sa Korea.
Para sa lahat ng manggagawa na kabilang sa Employment Permit System (EPS): 1. Kayo ay legal na makapagtrabaho sa loob ng tatlong taon. 2. Sa lahat ng mga bagong lipat o nagpa-transfer: kung ang visa ng isang manggagawa ay na-expire na dahil hindi siya nakahanap ng trabaho o employer na magrerehistro sa kanya, kailangang pumunta o mag-report sa Immigration Office para kayo ay ma-rehistro.
SA LAHAT NG MAY E-9 VISA Para po sa lahat ng may E-9 visa, may tatlong tanging dahilan upang payagan kayong makalipat ng kumpanya. Ito ay ang mga sumusunod: 1. Kayo ay dalawang buwang hindi pinapasahod. 2. Kayo ay pisikal at verbal na sinasaktan, o di kaya'y 3. Bankrupt o lugi ang kumpanya.
PAANO MAG-CLAIM NG SEVERANCE PAY? Para sa mga EPS na nakatapos ng isang taong kontrata, Pumunta lamang sa Center at mag-file ng applicatio. Ito po ay para sa mga umalis na sa kanilang mga pagawaan.
Dalhin ang mga sumusunod: Passport, Alien Registration Card, at Libreta/Bank Book.
Ipadala sa Center ang inyong application sa Insurance Company.
Maghintay ng tatlong linggo hanggang isang buwan para sa resulta.
Ang pera ay ipapadala sa inyong Libreta/Bank Book. Paki-check lamang ito pagkatapos ng naturang panahon sa mismong opisina.
Kailangang alam ninyo ang Company Identification Number. Kung wala ito hindi ninyo makukuha nag inyong severance pay.
source: Sambayanan Newsletter
Fr. Dong and Family
Chonmasan Catholic Migrants Center Kyongjin Chongmil, Songsaeng Kongdan Whado-Eup 269-10, Namyangju City Kyonggi-do, South Korea