Welcome to the Changhyun Filipino Catholic Community blogsite !!!

Welcome to Korea Fr. Cedric Alimbuyong

Welcome to Korea Fr. Cedric Alimbuyong
Fr. Cedric replaces Fr. Dong Marcaida. Have a happy, fruitful and blessed days with us all!

Saturday, October 6, 2007

Lady Bug

by L.V.L.

I used to chase butterflies,
And ran after them everyday.
I often ask them to be with me,
But they just could not stay.

Alas, once I caught a butterfly and held her in my arms,
I held her oh so tightly and was so happy for she’s mine,
Without noticing I chipped her wings, she told me she was hurt,
The butterfly I loved so dearly, by my fire I did burn.

I asked her to stay and told her wings will heal,
By my trust, by my love that I told her, she would feel.
But words are not enough; she told me she can’t stay,
The butterfly I loved so dearly, heartbroken, I chased away.

I’ve known now that butterflies want their freedom,
And so I’ve let her be...
She wanted to fly in gardens...
So she and she just can’t be with me.

I looked at my hand in silence one night,
It was empty and lifeless, without her colors it was dull.
Then came a firefly, and she shared with me her light,
And her warmth and her love in the stillness of the night.

And then I awoke with the sunlight that is so bright,
And I searched for my firefly, but she was now out of my sight,
Then I realized like butterflies, fireflies just don’t stay,
They just share their light for a moment and then they go away.

Heartbroken I now sit on the garden where it all began,
Memories keep on coming back as butterflies fly around.
I told myself, no butterflies, no fireflies will hurt my heart again,
Maybe I thought, one day, a ladybug will finally land on my hand.

No comments:

Onfino Open Event Promo Winners

Onfino Open Event Promo Winners
Nobody's a Loser Only at Onfino! So keep visiting www.onfino.com (pls. click image)

Happy 2nd Anniversary Guri Filipino Catholic Community

Dongduchon Filipino Catholic Community

Chonmasan Community 6th Anniversary

Guri Filipino Catholic Community

First Year Anniversary, July 7, 2007